ZUCCHINI PIZZA CRUST
Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe is quick and easy to make, low carb alternative to regular pizza dough. It is very delicious. The BEST zucchini pizza crust recipe low carb, super easy to make. There is no squeezing required, and you can PICK IT UP!
This Pizza contains many healthy vitamins and nutrition. Some of them are; Saturated Fat Sodium, Potassium, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Sugar, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron.
- 3cups shredded zucchini
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/3cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese + 1 cup to top the pizza
- 1large tomato — , sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- fresh basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. If using a pizza stone, place it inside at the lower part of the oven, while still cold.
- Combine shredded zucchini and salt in a colander. Place over a bowl and let it drain for 15 minutes. After that, squeeze out as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can and transfer to a bowl.
- Add eggs, baking powder, flour, and mozzarella. Mix to combine.
- Place over parchment paper and spread mixture, forming a circle. It should be 10-12 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Place on a pizza pan or over pizza stone.
- Bake for 8 minutes and take pizza crust out of the oven. Take the crust out of the oven and let the pizza cool/rest for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato slices and top with cheese. Bake for additional 15 minutes at 375 F. Keep an eye on the pizza, take out of the oven when the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve.
Calories: 349, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 327mg, Sodium: 2489mg, Potassium: 1781mg, Carbohydrates: 46g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 21g, Vitamin A: 2245%, Vitamin C: 83.4%, Calcium: 243%, Iron: 4.9%.
Toppings For Zucchini Pizza
Once you bake the zucchini pizza crust, you need a topping, For this easy low-carb zucchini pizza crust, I only used mozzarella cheese and fresh sliced tomatoes for topping. But you feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings.
Optional zucchini pizza toppings:
- tomato sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- the mix of different cheeses
Can You Freeze This Zucchini Pizza Crust?
Yes, you can freeze this zucchini pizza crust once it is baked and before you add the toppings. This makes it perfect for meal planning. You can freeze this homemade pizza crust made with zucchini wrapped in a plastic wrap for up to 2 months.
Once ready to bake, bake the frozen at 425-450 F for 12-15 minutes, then add the toppings and bake for additional 10-15 minutes at a lower temperature (375 F).
What Is The Best Cheese For Pizza?
Mozzarella Cheese is the most common cheese for pizza. However, an amazing blend for pizza is provolone, cheddar, and parmesan cheese. I have also used Monterey Jack, and Colby jack cheese as well.
How Do You Remove The Liquid From Zucchini?
Add the shredded zucchini to a colander. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and let it sit for 20 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
You can also wring them out by placing them into a paper towel and twisting until dry and excess water has been removed.
Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Zucchini Crust Pizza:
Make sure you remove all liquid from the zucchini. Dry zucchini will help to make the crust more firms. On your pizza pan spread the zucchini crust to be about 10 inches in diameter and bake it until it is firm and golden brown.
And then Top with pizza sauce and spread about 2 inches from the edge. I like using freshly grated cheese for that ooey-gooey melty cheese on top. Add your favorite toppings and sprinkle with dried oregano or Italian seasoning and bake until bubbly.
How To Freeze Zucchini Crust Pizza:
It’s super easy to make zucchini crust pizza ahead for meal prep. Just freeze it!
To freeze, prepare the low carb zucchini pizza crust recipe as written on the recipe card, but don’t add toppings. Wrap it tightly in foil, and place horizontally in the freezer. Once it’s hard, you can move it to a vertical position or anywhere that’s convenient.
When you are ready to make zucchini crust pizza with the frozen crust, do not thaw it. Simply add the sauce and toppings to the frozen pizza. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees, until the pizza is hot throughout and the cheese is golden.