“This recipe is completely redesigned sometimes it is called Drunken Chicken, from Beer Can Chicken. With a whole chicken, beer Can Chicken is used and the beer adds a wonderful flavor, but not a beer flavor. It is hard to describe, but beer seems to enhance the flavor of the spices, and help the other spices permeate deep into the chicken.
The alcohol is cooked out, so no worries about intoxication. This recipe can be used for chicken pieces and it works well broiled or baked too!” It has lots of healthy nutritious facts. Which are really important for our body and mind. Calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, vitamin many more healthy nutritious are in this dish.
- Total time: 2 hours 10 min.
- Prep: 15 min.
- Cook: 55 min.
- Ready In: 2 hours 10 min.
This dish is 8 servings, which mean this dish can be served to 8 adult people. If you have a big joined family lunch or dinner cook it without thinking. You can cook it in-home parties too.
Appliance: Grill, bowl, plate, knife
Note: Grill for cooking, Knife for cutting and cleaning, bowl for mixing and holding, Plate for decorating and serving and grinder for spices.
Before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 6 cups water.
- 2 cups beer.
- 1/8 cup salt.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1 (3 pounds) whole chicken.
- hickory or mesquite wood chips.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided.
- 1 tablespoon pepper.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Note: There are many possible sources where you can get your ingredients. You can go shopping or you can order them online. Doesn’t matter, only thing matter is you need to be careful and check everything properly.
- To start your cooking you need to be sure you have all the ingredients you need to cook. Once you have all the ingredients, go to the next step and start preparation for the cooking. This process includes washing, cutting and cleaning of everything.
- When you successfully have done your preparation, start the main cooking. Start with combining brine ingredients – water, beer, 1/8 cup salt, garlic powder, and onion powder – in a large bowl, one that is large enough to hold the brine and the chicken. And soak the whole chicken in brine for 1 hour.
- And also soak wood chips in water for 1 hour.
- After that, preheat the grill for the indirect cooking method. And then, place wood chips over coals when ready to cook.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine cumin, curry, chili powder, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Rub chicken inside and out with spice mixture.
- After that, place chicken on the grill, breast side down. Close the lid and cook it for about 30 minutes. Then turn it over and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until juices run clear and the temperature is 185 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken. Keep the lid closed while cooking for even cooking and to get more of that smoky flavor. Your dish is ready. With little decorations serve it warm.
Note: For decoration, you need some vegetables like cucumber, carrot, tomato, latus, etc. You can use some nuts also. There are no boundaries about it. You can decorate your dish the way you want. It will be your choice. So wash some cucumber, carrot, and latus. Cut cucumber carrot and take some latus and decorate it. You can cut them round or tall. Just remember that decoration means making your dish look more beautiful and tasty.
Nutrition for food is the most vital part. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. We eat food because of nutrition. Nutrition gives us the necessary energy and vitamin for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
Servings Per Recipe: Per Serving: 415 calories; 26.6 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 32.9 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 442 mg sodium
Daily Value of the dish
#Calories: 415 #Total Fat: 26.6g41 % #Saturated Fat: 7.0g #Cholesterol: 128mg43 % #Sodium: 442mg18 % #Potassium: 452mg13 % #Total Carbohydrates: 6g2 % #Dietary Fiber: 1.7g7 % #Protein: 32.9g66 % #Sugars: 0g #Vitamin A: 986IU #Vitamin C: 5mg #Calcium: 59mg #Iron: 4mg #Thiamin: 0mg #Niacin: 18mg #Vitamin B6: 1mg #Magnesium: 55mg #Folate: 19mcg.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on the calorie your needs. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.