SOUTHWESTERN VEGETABLE & CHICKEN SOUP
Who wouldn’t want to eat their vegetables when they are tucked into a fragrant broth with bits of tasty chicken and spiked with a shot of fresh lime and cilantro? This healthy chicken vegetable soup seems even richer with the smoky flavor from roasted poblano peppers and garlic. This Southwestern Vegetable & Chicken Soup is the answer after a long day. With tons of southwestern flavor, you can have a big pot of warm, comforting soup filled!
This dish is easy to make and it is full of vegetables which makes it healthier and perfect for all aged people. It has fiber, carbohydrates, protein, folate, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium.
Time plays an important role To cook a perfect dish. You need to be careful with the time. Not too much time or too little time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not effect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
- Active: 1 hour
- Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 8: servings
Before cooking one thing you need to do if get all ingredients. The ingredient is the main part for cooking, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- medium poblano peppers
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups chopped onion (1 large)
- 1½ cups chopped red or green bell pepper, 1 large will be ok
- 1½ cups green beans, cut into ¼-inch pieces, or frozen, thawed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans or pinto beans, it is rinsed
- 1 (14 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped chard or spinach
- 1½ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- for serving, ½ cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges
- Gather everything, all ingredients, and appliance you need to cook your dish. And start with preparation. Clean everything, all appliance, and ingredients. Then peel and cut the onion and cut the chicken. And wash it with the cleaning water. Remove any waste on the chicken.
- To roast poblanos: Position oven rack about 5 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler. Line the broiler pan with foil. Until starting to blacken, broil whole poblanos, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes. And then, transfer to a paper bag and let steam to loosen skins, about 10 minutes. And once the poblanos are cool enough to handle, peel, seed, and stem and coarsely chop; set aside.
- And in the meanwhile, heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Then, add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add onion, bell pepper, green beans, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. And then, Stir in chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, and the chopped poblanos; bring to a boil. After that, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the reserved chicken and juices, chard (or spinach) and corn; return to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes more to heat through and blend flavors.
- Top each portion with 1 tablespoon each cilantro and lime juice; serve with lime wedges.
- To make ahead: Prepare through Step 4 and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months; add cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
Note: When your dish is cooked, you need to decorate it to look attractive and tastier. There are no rules or regulations for decorations. You can decorate it with your own choice, the way you like it or want to serve. But cucumber, carrot, tomato, and latus are some main ingredients for decoration. Wash some carrot, cucumber, and latus. Cut them and put the chicken on a large plate, decorate it with them and serve it.
Serving size: about 1½ cups
PER SERVING: 213 calories; 6 g fat(1 g sat); 6 g fiber; 25 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 44 mcg folate; 39 mg cholesterol; 7 g sugars; 2,806 IU vitamin A; 72 mg vitamin C; 79 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 386 mg sodium; 779 mg potassium NUTRITION BONUS: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (56% dv); Carbohydrate servings: 1½; 1½ lean protein, 1½ vegetable, 1 starch, ½ fat
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. Everyone doesn’t need some calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.