A couple of years ago I won a Knorr Cook-off with this Panko Crusted Chicken with Lemon Cream sauce! It’s breaded chicken with a creamy sauce!
To cook a perfect dish, time plays an important role. It would be best if you were careful with the time. Not too much time or too less time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mints
Total Time25 mins
Before cooking, choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh, your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 2Large Chicken Breasts
- One 1/2Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2Cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/3Cup Flour
- 1/2Ts Kosher Salt
- 1/4Ts Fresh Black Pepper
- 1Egg slightly beaten
- Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- 1Tb Unsalted Butter
- 1Tablespoon Better than Bouillion
- 1Garlic Clove minced
- 1Tb Flour
- 2Tb White Wine
- One 1/2Cups Heavy Cream
- Zest Of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1Pinch Kosher Salt
- 1Pinch Fresh Black Pepper
- Place the egg in a dish.
- In another dish place the flour, salt, and pepper.
- In one last dish place the panko, zest, and parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap or a Ziploc bag and pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the breasts and slice them diagonally, creating four chicken breasts instead of 2.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then egg and lastly the panko.
- Add two breasts at a time to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through, adding more oil and butter to the pan as needed.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the butter, and concentrated stock.
- As the two begin to melt add the garlic and cook until everything is melted together and the garlic is fragrant about 1 min.
- Add the flour and whisk vigorously. Everything will come together in a clump. Continue to whisk for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute to cook out the flour-y taste.
- Quickly add the white wine and then the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk for a minute and reduce to a simmer, occasionally whisking, until thickened.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Continue to whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve over the chicken alongside sides such as asparagus, roasted, mashed potatoes, fingerlings, etc.
Per Serving: 1g | Calories: 771kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 1019mg| Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g
** An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
How to bread chicken
First, dredge your chicken in the flour, and we add salt and pepper to this step so that the chicken is well seasoned. Cover each side and lightly shake off the excess.
Next up is the egg. It would be best if you created a “glue” to keep the bread crumbs stuck on the chicken. Since you already dipped in the flour, you just need something to moisten and create the glue. The egg is perfect.
How to thicken a cream sauce
Making The lemon sauce is quite easy too. All you have to do is cook the butter and garlic, add the flour, which will act as a thickener.
The most important step at this point is to now cook that flour flavour out for about 30 seconds by continuing to whisk it in the pan. And flour is the best thickener for a cream sauce as it will blend well and works the best.
Can cream sauce be made in advance?
- Yes! If you want, you can make the cream sauce, béchamel sauce, or alfredo sauce in advance but you may want to consider a couple of things.
- A cream sauce thickens as it cools so to reduce how much thickening occurs, you can add a couple of extra tablespoons of liquid.
- It would be best if you always cooled your sauce which can be done by placing it in a clean, cool bowl or also putting that bowl over an ice bath as you don’t want a cream sauce to sit out for very long.
- Finally, press plastic wrap directly onto the cream sauce in the bowl and use a sharp knife to puncture a hole or two. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
- We also like to use a Ziploc bag and press the air out.
Can you freeze cream sauce?
The cream sauce can be frozen though it tends to curdle a bit upon reheating. That’s why we are obsessed with our Food Saver as it allows the air to be sucked out and we can usually get a few weeks out of a cream sauce in the freezer.
How to reheat the cream sauce
To reheat a cream sauce, heat water in the base of a double boiler, then place the sauce on the top of the double boiler in a glass bowl. It’s very important to heat slowly, occasionally stirring to help counteract the tendency to curdle. Merely add a little milk or cream back in If your sauce is a little too thick.
What you can serve with panko-crusted chicken with lemon cream sauce:
With lemon cream sauce, I prefer to serve our panko-crusted chicken with light and fluffy mashed potatoes and bright, grilled asparagus with nothing but olive oil and seasoning on it. You could also do broccoli, peas, salad, pasta, and you name it!