ONE SKILLET CHEESY BEEF AND MACARONI
There are many dishes I like but a few of them are my favorite whom I could eat this every night! “This is my absolute favorite beef dish. This Amazing One-Skillet Cheese Beef and Macaroni dish is easy enough to make for a quick weeknight dinner but also elegant enough for company.
One-Skillet Cheese Beef and Macaroni is an EASY recipe that’s made in ONE skillet so you don’t have to cook the pasta separately!! This dish is loaded with ground beef, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro! A family FAVORITE that feeds a crowd!! This dish contains Fat, Saturated, Carbs, Fiber, Sugars, Protein, and Sodium.
The ingredient is the main part of cooking, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow, orange or green bell pepper and it is about 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup peeled chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder (optional, but recommended)
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound dried elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- First heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat (for this full recipe, it should be a deep 12-inch skillet). Then add the beef and cook it until browned, stirring until no pink remains about 5 minutes. And place the browned beef in a strainer and let the fat drain off, then set the beef aside.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the oil, and heat it over medium heat. And then add the bell pepper, carrots, onion, and garlic and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- After that return the beef to the skillet and add the basil, oregano, tomatoes with their juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder (if using), and 2 cups of water. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Increase the heat to high and let come to a simmer. And then add the elbow macaroni, stir, and cover the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally until the macaroni is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed 8 to 10 minutes. And then taste for seasoning, adding more salt and/or black pepper as necessary.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top, then cover the skillet and cook until the cheese is melty, about 1 minute. Serve this right out of the skillet.
Amount Of Per Serving: Calories386, Fat16.1 g, Saturated6.9 g, Carbs35.4 g, Fiber4.7 g, Sugars8.2 g, Protein26.1 g, and Sodium688.4 mg.
* 2,000 calories is an adult healthy person’s percent Daily Values are on a diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. It also changes with time and age. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Amount of nutrition is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
As with most leftover food, be sure to cover the chili mac tightly so it doesn’t dry out in the fridge. A plastic or glass container with a tightly-fitting lid works best here.
Can You Freeze This?
Most chefs agree that freezing pasta can lead to soggy noodles when they’re reheated. You can avoid this by undercooking the elbow macaroni if you plan to freeze the whole batch.
Try cooking the noodles for just 5 minutes. They will finish cooking when you thaw the chili mac recipe.
Another option is to freeze the meat sauce by itself and add the noodles and cheese after you’ve defrosted it. If you’re making this recipe as part of your meal prep, either method will work to ensure that your chili mac comes out delicious every time.
One-Pot Mac And Cheese Make Ahead Tips:
If you’re short on time and would like to make one-pot mac and cheese in advance, you can brown the meat and make the sauce ahead of time. Cook the noodles in the sauce right before you’re ready to serve your chili mac recipe.
Cooking the noodles too far in advance could lead to them getting mushy when you reheat them. Don’t forget to add the cheese – it brings the dish together.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
According to USDA guidelines, dishes such as noodle casseroles (like chili mac recipe) can safely last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days once cooked.
Can I Make This Recipe Cheesier?
You can’t go wrong with more cheese! Our 3 cheese mac and cheese recipe is sure to hit the spot. For the ultimate cheese lover, try this incredible 5 cheese mac and cheese.
What Other Types of Cheeses I Can Use For This Recipe?
For a creamy treat, mac and cheese with cream cheese is a great choice. Do you have picky eaters in the family? Smooth Velveeta mac and cheese will be a hit with everyone.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To This Recipe?
Mac and cheese are perfect for trying different add-ins. Lobster mac and cheese is a decadent alternative to this traditional favorite. If you’re feeling adventurous and like some heat in your meals, try jalapeno mac and cheese.