Do you love food? This spicy and creamy One Pan Cajun Chicken is great both for lunch and dinner. The flavors in this quick and easy recipe are out of this world! Just like spicy Cajun shrimp. You will love this delicious, easy One Pan Cajun Chicken! This is one of my favorite chicken dishes. It is a really simple and most loved dish. This dish is loved by aged people, children, and adults. The Healthy nutritious elements of this dish are; Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Sugar, Protein, Vitamin, Vitamin, Calcium, Iron.
To cook a perfect dish time plays an important role. You need to be careful with the time. Not too much time or too less time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
- Prep Time 15 minutes.
- Cook Time 45 minutes.
- Total Time1 hour.
Servings: 5. It has 5 serving which means this dish is enough for 5 people. So if you are having a group party or guest in your home cook this dish immediately.
- 5 chicken thighs ‘it should be bone-in skin-on’,2 1/2 lbs.
- 2lbs Yukon gold potatoes, they are diced into 1-inch pieces.
- 4Tbsp olive oil, divided.
- 1bell pepper, it is diced into 1-inch pieces (or half of 2 colors).
- 1/2medium red onion, diced into 1-inch pieces.
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional).
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 1/2tsp paprika.
- 2tsp garlic powder.
- 2tsp salt.
- 1 1/4tsp dried oregano.
- 1 1/4tsp dried thyme.
- 1tsp onion powder.
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 – 1tsp cayenne pepper, it should be to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk all cajun seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl or toss together well in a small resealable bag.
- Place chicken skin side down on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle and rub 1 Tbsp of the olive oil evenly over thighs. Then sprinkle with cajun seasoning to taste (I did 1 Tbsp total).
- Rotate to opposite side and drizzle and rub tops with another 1 Tbsp olive oil. And then Season with cajun seasoning to taste (I did 1/2 Tbsp).
- Toss potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil (I just did this on the cutting board I used to cut the potatoes) and season with cajun seasoning to taste (I did 2 tsp) and toss.
- Transfer potatoes to baking sheet placing them around chicken thighs. Roast in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add bell pepper and red onion over potatoes and toss, then return to oven and roast about 10 – 15 minutes longer until chicken is golden and cooked through and potatoes are tender (you can broil during last few minutes to help brown a little more if desired).
- Serve warm sprinkled with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste as desired.
- I recommend using a dark non-stick pan for one pan chicken and veggies recipes if you have one. I will not recommend them for baking, but when roasting veggies they can help brown them up better than an uncoated pan.
- Recipe inspired by eatwell101 cajun seasoning from Allrecipes.
- Amount per Serving.
- Calories 615Calories from Fat 369.
We eat food because we need energy and vitamin for our body. This energy and vitamins we get from the food and drinks we have. But too much of it can cause extra fat which is not good for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
Fat 41g63%, Saturated Fat 9g56%, Cholesterol 177mg59%, Sodium 625mg27%, Potassium 1195mg34%, Carbohydrates 26g9%, Fiber 5g21%, Sugar 1g1%, Protein 34g68%, Vitamin A 1070IU21%, Vitamin C 51.9mg63%, Calcium 71mg7%, Iron 7.4mg.
* Daily Percent Values of an adult person is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on the calorie your needs. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts?
with this recipe You could also use chicken breasts, but I would roast the potatoes for about 20 minutes first since the chicken breasts should only take about 25 minutes (if using those I also recommend pounding the chicken breasts to an even thickness, and if needed add an extra 1 – 2 tbsp of olive oil with the veggies since the chicken breasts won’t render any fat to coat the veggies).
Is This Cajun Chicken Spicy?
This is a spicy dinner but you can adjust it to suit your taste. Add more cajun seasoning for a spicier version and add less or even omit if you don’t like heat.
Tips for the Best Cajun Chicken
- I recommend using a dark non-stick pan for one pan chicken and veggies recipes if you have one. And I will not recommend them for baking, but when roasting veggies they can help brown them up better than an uncoated pan.
- If the chicken and veggies aren’t browning the way you’d like, you can broil them for the last minute or two in the oven.
- And the chicken with the skin on will have the most flavors and is less likely to dry out in the oven.
Also, season everything to suit your taste, you don’t have to go with the amounts I listed that’s just to help give you an idea