Best “Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Caramelized Pears” Recipe
The Nutrition Of Per Serving: 533 Calories; 36 G Fat; 19.8 G Carbohydrates; 32.6 G Protein; 110 Mg Cholesterol; 509 Mg Sodium.
- Total time-1 hour 28 minutes
- Prep – 20 minutes
- Cook – 1 hour 8 minutes
- Ready In – 1 hour 28 minutes
- 6 servings and 533 calories.
- Appliance: Need Best Oven, Best Mixer, Sharp Knife, etc
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces.
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3 cinnamon sticks.
- 2 bay leaves, crushed.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, they are peeled and minced.
- The ½ cup of water.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 pears, cored and sliced.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Then heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onions until softened and browned 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer onions into a tagine and Layer chicken pieces on top of onions.
- After that, combine turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, and salt in a small bowl; mix well with the remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil. Spread spice mixture onto the chicken pieces. Add cinnamon pieces, bay leaves, ginger, and cilantro. Then pour in 1/2 cup of water and cover tagine with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear about 50 minutes. And then, an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Once it is done, melt butter in a skillet over low heat while the chicken is cooking. And then, add sliced pears and honey and cook, while stirring, until the honey has caramelized.
- Remove tagine from the oven and stir in caramelized pears. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.