Are you chicken lover and want to learn new-new chicken dishes? This article is just for you and new learners like you. Today I am going to write about a healthy, tasty and delicious dish. It is a chicken dish of course. Here is the name of this dish it is ‘Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Caramelized Pears’. It is a tasty and healthy dish with lots of nutritious facts. These nutritious elements made it healthier. This dish contains calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, Magnesium, Iron, Sugars, sodium, Calcium, Potassium, and Vitamin. You should try it today. I am sure you will love it. Even children love this dish.
When you are cooking, you need to be careful with the time. Your dish, its taste and color depend on it. Not too much time or not too less time.
- Total time-1 hour 28 minutes
- Prep – 20 minutes
- Cook – 1 hour 8 minutes
- Ready In – 1 hour 28 minutes
This dish is 6 servings, which mean this dish can be serves to 6 adult people. If you have a big joined family lunch or dinner cook it without thinking.
Before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, they are peeled and minced
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
Note: You can collect your ingredients from super-shop or you can order then online. There are many online shopping companies who are providing home delivery. But don’t forget to check.
- Gather everything, all ingredients, and appliance you need to cook your dish. And start with preparation. Clean everything, all appliance, and ingredients. Then peel and cut the onion and cut the chicken. And wash it with the cleaning water. Remove any waste on the chicken.
- Once it is done, go to your Microwave oven and push the start button and set the timer to preheat your oven. Set it to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and let it heat.
- Then put a fryer pan on the stove and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and cook onions until the onions are softened and browned, 8 to 10 minutes will be ok. After that transfer your browned onions into a tagine and Layer chicken pieces you have cleaned on top of onions.
- Next set is to mixing everything. In a small bowl, combine turmeric, cumin, ground coriander and mix well with remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil. Then spread spice mixture onto the chicken pieces. Add cinnamon pieces, bay leaves, ginger, and cilantro into it. Then pour in 1/2 cup of water and cover tagine with a lid.
- And then bake the chicken in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 50 minutes will be good. And then, an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Once you put it into the oven, melt butter in a skillet over low heat while the chicken is cooking. And then, add sliced pears and honey into it and cook, while stirring, until the honey has caramelized.
- And when it is done, remove tagine from the oven and stir in caramelized pears. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Your dish is ready to serve. Take out a big plate and clean it and put the dish on plate serve it with decoration.
Note: For decoration, you need some vegetables like cucumber, carrot, tomato, latus, etc. You can use some nuts also. There are no boundaries about it. You can decorate your dish the way you want. It will be your choice. So wash some cucumber, carrot, and latus. Cut cucumber carrot and take some latus and decorate it. You can cut them round or tall. Just remember that decoration means making your dish look more beautiful and tasty.
Nutrition for food is the most vital part. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. We eat food because of nutrition. Nutrition gives us the necessary energy and vitamin for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
The nutrition of Per Serving: 533 calories; 36 g fat; 19.8 g carbohydrates; 32.6 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 509 mg sodium.
Total Fat: 36g55 %, Saturated Fat: 9.0g, Cholesterol: 110mg37 %, Sodium: 509mg20 %, Potassium: 416mg12 %, Total Carbohydrates: 19.8g6 %, Dietary Fiber: 3.4g14 %, Protein: 32.6g65 %, Sugars: 13g, Vitamin A: 958IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 55mg, Iron: 2mg, Thiamin: 0mg, Niacin: 13mg, Vitamin B6: 0mg, Magnesium: 39mg, Folate: 24mcg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on calorie you needs. To know your calorie, see doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.