Mini Baked Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze” What can be better than starting your day with a freshly made doughnut? Doughnut becomes one of the best breakfast in the US. There are very few people who don’t like it. The doughnut is favorites to all aged people from children to a fully grown person. And if it is chocolate glaze mini baked doughnut, the heaven in your mouth.
- 2 dozen mini doughnuts
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 81 calories – 3g fat
- 10g carbs – 2g protein
- 20 calories – 0g fat
- 4g carbs – 0g protein
- 4g sugars
- MAKE THE DOUGH: To make the dough, Frist warm the milk, water, and butter over medium heat until slightly warm to the touch (about 95° to 100°). Then whisk in the egg.
- Mix the flour with the salt and cinnamon, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Then add the yeast and the milk mixture mix on low speed until the dough begins to come together, 3 to 4 minutes. After that increase the speed to medium and continue to mix until the dough is smooth (it will be pretty sticky), 5 minutes more.
- When it is done, transfer the dough to a large bowl lightly greased with nonstick spray and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then let rise at room temperature until double in size, about 1 hour. After that, preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a ½-inch-thick rectangle and cut out circles of dough using a small round cookie cutter or the rim of a small glass. And then use a smaller cookie cutter or glass to cut another hole in the center of each circle.
- Once it is done, transfer the doughnuts to the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with melted butter. Then bake until golden 10 to 12 minutes and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: Then in a small bowl, whisk the confectioners’ sugar with the cocoa powder, milk, cream and vanilla to combine. And each doughnut dip into the glaze so that it’s coated about halfway up the side and shake off the excess glaze, place the unglazed side on the baking sheet. If desired, top with sprinkles. The glaze will set in about 5-6 minutes.