LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE
The dish Lemon Chicken Piccata is a budget-friendly take on an Italian classic dish! Incredibly easy and low carb, this piccata recipe is one you will want to make again and again!
“This delicious Lemon Chicken Piccata chicken dish is exquisite and easy to prepare. It is simply divine; the light and luscious lemon sauce pop without being too acidic. You can serve it with herb-roasted potatoes or lemon-rice pilaf. It was one of the first, authentic Italian recipes I ever tried and from the first bite, I was hooked! In this dish, Tender chicken breast wrapped in a tart lemon caper butter sauce… ah heaven!
Table of Contents
To cook a perfect dish time plays an important role. You need to be careful with the time. Not too much time or too less time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
- Course: Main Course.
- Cuisine: Italian.
- Keyword: Chicken Piccata, easy, lemon chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes.
- Total Time: 30 minutes.
Before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley minced
- Salt and pepper
- Gather everything, all ingredients, and appliance you need to cook your dish. And start with preparation. Clean everything, all appliance, and ingredients. Then peel and cut the onion and cut the chicken. And wash it with the cleaning water. Remove any waste on the chicken.
- You need to slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise so you get 2 thin chicken slices from each breast (you can see how they are supposed to look in the second photo in this post).
- If the chicken slices are very thick, use a mallet or another heavy object to flatten them slightly – you want them no more than ½ inches (1.25 cm) thick.
- Spread the flour out thinly on a dinner plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge the chicken breast slices in the seasoned flour, shaking off excess flour. Set aside.
- After that heat, a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast slices to the pan when the oil is shimmering. Cook for 3 -4 minutes until browned. Then turn the chicken slices over and brown on the other side. Remove the chicken slices from the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine to the saute pan, stirring and scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken stock. Increase the heat to high and boil until the sauce thickens – about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. Stir in the capers and parsley and add the chicken breast slices back to the pan to rewarm. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- And after that serve the fish while it is still warm serve!
We eat food because we need energy and vitamin for our body. This energy and vitamins we get from the food and drinks we have. But too much of it can cause extra fat which is not good for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
- Lemon Chicken Piccata.
- Amount per Serving.
- Calories 269Calories from Fat 140.
4 servings: It has 4 serving means this dish is enough for 4 adult people. And if you are having few guests, it is perfect.
Total Fat 15.6g24%, Saturated Fat 6.6g33%, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g, Cholesterol 72.6mg24%, Sodium 459.5mg19%, Potassium 259.7mg7%, Total Carbohydrates 3.4g1%, Dietary Fiber 0.6g2%, Sugars 0.4g, Protein 20.3g41%, Vitamin A9.2%, Vitamin C10.1%, Calcium1.6%, Iron5.2%
** An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
Tips for Making Lemon Chicken Piccata
- If the chicken breast is very large, you can use a mallet or another heavy object to flatten the slices – you want them no more than 1/2 inch thick.
- If at all possible, use a dry white wine in this dish – it helps to “mellow” out the sharpness of the lemon juice. You can substitute the same amount of chicken stock if you don’t consume alcohol. If you do, I would suggest rinsing the capers and omitting the salt from the flour you use to dust the chicken!
- If you want to make this recipe even more amazing (and don’t mind the extra calories), whisk in a little heavy cream into the sauce just before serving!
What to serve with lemon chicken piccata
This lemon chicken piccata recipe is delicious with just a side salad, but also fantastic served over zucchini noodles or rice. It really depends on how many carbs you want to eat. I love having something to soak up the lemon sauce but if you leave out the carbs, the recipe is perfect for anyone and anytime.