Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Hello! Welcome to the website. I am so grateful you are here to see my recipes. I assure you will love them. This cheesy jalapeño chicken enchiladas dish is just as delicious as they look. “One of my favorite local Mexican restaurants serves a dish with jalapeno cream cheese and shredded chicken that is just awesome. After long experimenting with dishes that contained those two ingredients and came up with this!! It is an awesome dish and I get nothing but rave reviews from people who try it! Give it a whirl… I promise your taste buds won’t regret it.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas dish is not only tasty but also it is healthy and good for health. It has lots of nutritious facts. This dish has; calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, it also has, potassium, vitamin, and magnesium.
Table of Contents
While cooking, you need to be careful with the time. Your dish, its taste and color depend on it. Not too much time or not too less time is good for your dish. The perfect time for this dish are:
- Total time: 1 hour 40 min.
- Prep: 25 minutes.
- Cook: 1 Hour 15 minutes.
- Ready in: 1 Hour 40 minutes.
This dish is 7 servings, which mean this dish can be served to 7 adult people. If you have big joined families cook it without thinking. This dish can be served at lunch and dinner.
Note: Microwave Oven for bake, Fryer Pan for cook, Knife for cutting and cleaning, bowl for mixing, Plate for decorate and serving.
For cooking, the ingredient is the main part, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before your cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (wear gloves)
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounces) can green enchilada sauce
- 7 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
Note: There are many possible sources where you can get your ingredients. You can go shopping or you can order them online. Doesn’t matter, only thing matter is you need to be careful and check everything properly,
- Once you have all your ingredients, your preparations 25 minutes start now. It includes washing, cutting, cleaning. You need to wash everything after that cut them, cut the chicken into pieces and cleaning them.
- When you are done with your preparations, move to next step, Keep your oven to preheat, it will be 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- While your oven is preheating, in a bowl Season or mix properly chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Then place them into a baking dish carefully.
- And then put the baking dish with the seasoned chicken into the oven and bake it in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, this will take about 45 minutes to cook properly. Then allow the chicken to cool down and shred with 2 forks. Then set chicken aside.
- And after that, heat butter in a large nonstick fryer pan over medium heat and cook the onion and jalapenos until the onion is translucent, it will take about 5 minutes; then stir in the cream cheese in chunks and allow the cream cheese to melt and soften. And then, stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Mix all of them in the cooked chicken meat and remove it from heat.
- Then go to the next step, pour half the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay tortillas out onto a work surface and place chicken mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese per tortilla. Roll up the tortillas, and place into the sauce in the dish, seam sides down; pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 4 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Once everything is set, bake it in the preheated oven until the filling is hot and bubbling and the cheese has melted, it will take about 30 to 35 minutes. And your Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas dish is ready.
- Serve immediately while it is warm with little decorations.
Note: You can decorate it as you like. It can be bold or you can serve it with simple and elegantly. Serve it with little cheese and green chilies on the top.
When you are heaving something, it is wise to know about the dish properly. Especially it’s a good side and a bad side. You must know how nutritious this dish is for your health. The nutritious facts of this dish are given below:
Per Serving: 583 # calories; 35.5 g #fat; 38.4 g #carbohydrates; 28.7 g #protein; 123 mg #cholesterol; 599 mg #sodium.
Daily Value of the Dish
Calories: 583 #Total Fat: 35.5g55 % #Saturated Fat: 20.0g #Cholesterol: 123mg41 % #Sodium: 599mg24 % #Potassium: 591mg17 % #Total Carbohydrates: 38.4g12 % #Dietary Fiber: 4.3g17 #Protein: 28.7g57 % #Sugars: 2g #Vitamin A: 1509IU #Vitamin C: 16mg #Calcium: 339mg #Iron: 3mg #Thiamin: 0mg #Niacin: 14mg #Vitamin B6: 1mg #Magnesium: 63mg #Folate: 86mcg.
* An adult healthy person’s percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need same calories. To know your calorie, see doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
If cooking is your comfort zone, I really encourage you to stop just pinning recipes on Pinterest but just try and actually make them! I assure you will love it. Use good and new ingredients and try something new. Never give up on something you love to do.