This Italian chicken salad sandwich is fresh, easy to make, and bursting with lots of flavors. Loaded with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, black olives, and pesto, this fun twist on a classic flavor will have you coming back for more. This salad is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner and makes delicious sandwiches, too!
This sandwich is a delicious twist on the classic chicken salad sandwich. Italian Chicken Salad Sandwich is perfect for a crowd or a picnic with the family. The sun-dried tomato pesto makes this sandwich unforgettable.
To cook a perfect dish, time plays an important role. It would help if you were careful with the time. Not too much time or too little time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
Makes: 5 ½ to 6 cups
Serves 6. This dish has six servings, which means this dish can be served to 6 adult people. You can cook it for your family, lunch or dinner, cooks it without thinking.
The ingredient is the main part of cooking, without which cooking is impossible, or if even any ingredient goes wrong, your full dish will be ruined. So before cooking, choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh, your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
For the chicken salad:
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (2 large or three medium).
- Olive oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup diced celery (from 2 medium stalks).
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted.
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion (from 1/4 medium onion).
- Handful chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Twelve slices hearty Italian or peasant bread.
- Twelve slices cooked bacon.
For The Vinaigrette
- Two tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- One teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- One teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
Gather everything, all ingredients and appliance you need to cook your dish. And start with preparation: clean everything, all appliances and ingredients. Then peel and cut the onion and cut the chicken. And wash it with the cleaning water. Remove any waste on the chicken.
- MAKE THE CHICKEN SALAD: Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Then, place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. And rub some olive oil over the chicken and season all over with salt and pepper. After that, roast until the chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. You want the meat to cook through; the skin does not need to brown.
- Set the chicken aside on the baking sheet until cool enough to handle. Shred the meat and discard the skin and bones. (You should have about 3 1/2 to 4 cups of shredded chicken.) Place in a large bowl, and drizzle the chicken with a bit of the pan’s juice to keep it moist. Add the celery, red pepper, almonds, onion, and parsley.
- MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE: Place the vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. While whisking continuously, pour in the olive oil until combined. And then, drizzle the vinaigrette over the chicken salad and toss to coat.
- MAKE THE SANDWICHES: Place six slices of bread on a work surface. Divide the chicken salad over the bread and spread it into an even layer. Top each sandwich with two slices of bacon, and after that, close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
We eat food because we need energy and vitamin for our bodies. This energy and vitamins we get from the food and drinks we have. But too much of it can cause extra fat, which is not good for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. Foods without nutrition are useless, and no one wants to have it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
Total Fat: 45.2g70 %, Saturated Fat: 8.1g, Cholesterol: 82mg27 %, Sodium: 225mg9 %, Potassium: 621mg17 %, Carbohydrates: 8.2g3 %, Fiber: 2.8g11 %, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 25.5g51 %, Vitamin A Iu: 1741IU, Niacin Equivalents: 12mg, Vitamin B6: 1mg, Vitamin C: 21mg, Folate: 75mcg, Calcium: 123mg, Iron: 2mg, Magnesium: 53mg, Thiamin: 0mg
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor, and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Remember, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption if you are following a medically restrictive diet.
NOTE: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.