With using and having delicious food on a gas grill it is also important that one needs to clean his/her grill properly. If your gas grill is neat and clean your food will test better and you will have healthy and more delicious food. Here is the step on how you can clean your gas grill properly and easily. The flowing is given below:
What You Need
- Gloves (optional).
- Grill brush or other coarse cleaning brush.
- Cleaning rags or paper towels.
- Bristle brush or putty knife.
- Soap and water.
Gather Your Cleaning Supplies: First of all, gather all your cleaning supplies, You want gloves, and you will need a grill brush or other cleaning brush, cleaning rags or paper towels, a bristle brush, or putty knife, and soap and water.
Turn Off The Gas Supply: Make sure the gas supply is turned off, or you can also detach the gas tank from the grill.
Remove The Grill Grates: Pull them out so you can do a thorough clean.
Clean The Grill Grates: Scrub them with a grill brush or other coarse cleaning brush.
Clean Anything Covering The Burners: Clean anything covering the burners, remove any V-shaped metal heat tents, ceramic briquettes, or lava stones that cover the burners, and brush them clean.
Clean The Burner Tubes: Lightly brush the burner tubes and make sure all the gas ports are clean and open.
Clean The Bottom Of The Grill And The Lid: Brush or wipe any debris out of the bottom of the grill. On the grill lid or bottom, if there is peeling black stuff ‘usually carbon flakes and grease’, use a bristle brush or putty knife to scrape it off.
Clean The Grease Collection Tray: Clean the grease collection tray with soap and water, or replace any disposable pans as needed.
Dispose Of Grease Properly: Don’t just wash it down the drain! You will just have to do is just Pour it into an empty can or non-recyclable bottle, let it harden, and then throw the whole thing away.
Wipe Down The Outside Of The Grill: After that, wipe down the outside of the grill and any side tables with soap and water.
Put The Grill Back Together: And then put all the parts of the grill back together; now you are ready to grill!
Important Notes On Maintaining Your Gas Grill:
1. Check Your Grease Collection Tray: Check your grease collection tray every time you grill, making sure the tray is not full, as that can lead to a dangerous grease fire.
2. Brush The Grill Grates Before Grilling: After you preheat the grill, with a grill brush or wadded piece of foil brush the grate to remove the burnt bits of food from the last grilling session. It’s easier to loosen the bits when the grates are hot.
3. Oil The Grate: Before grilling, Oil the hot grates so food doesn’t stick.
4. Brush The Grates After Grilling: After grilling brush the grates one more time, if you have time.