[dt_highlight color=”” text_color=”” bg_color=””]GRILLED CHICKEN PIZZA WITH MOZZARELLA & ROASTED GARLIC[/dt_highlight]
Are you a Pizza lover and love to cook? Today I am going to tell you about a healthy and testy Pizza dish. It is Grilled Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic. With testy and healthiness it is really easy to cook. And fast too. A flavorful Grilled Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic is loaded with healthy and testy nutrition and a few secrets that make it the best chicken tortilla soup I ever made!
If you are making homemade pizza in the summer, you have to try it on the grill! This Grilled Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic recipe provides step-by-step instructions that will teach you how to grill pizza like a pro.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 heads garlic, top of bulbs trimmed off so tops of cloves are exposed.
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked and pulled/chopped chicken.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- 1 cup spinach leaves, torn.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap garlic heads in foil and place on a small rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven and cook 1 hour or until garlic is dark golden brown and very soft. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to touch. Squeeze garlic cloves from their skin into a small bowl.
- Preheat grill for two-zone grilling: half of the grill should be set to medium-high; another half should be off (indirect heat).
- Stretch and shape dough into a 14-inch circle and place on a pizza pan or large tray. Brush one side of dough with 1 tablespoon oil. Use hands to transfer the dough to the direct heat side of the grill, oiled side down. Do not worry if dough becomes a little misshapen during the transfer. Cook 2 minutes, or until the dough releases itself from the grates (do not disturb dough before it releases).
- Brush the top side of dough with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then use tongs to flip the dough. Cook 2 minutes or until dough releases from grates. Continue cooking dough 3 to 4 minutes longer or until dough is firm and grill-marked in all areas, flipping and rotating frequently but keeping the grill closed when not flipping.
- Remove dough from grill and spread with sauce. Top with chicken, cheese, everything bagel seasoning, and roasted garlic cloves.
- Transfer pizza back to the grill on the indirect heat side. Close grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until toppings are warmed through and crust is fully cooked.
- Remove pizza from grill and top with spinach. Cut and serve immediately.
Home Chef Tips:
Garlic can be roasted up to 3 days in advance. Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Refer to our Grilled Pizza Tutorial for step-by-step instructions (with pictures) on how to grill a pizza. Alternatively, pizza dough can be baked in the oven according to package directions.
To make Everything Bagel Seasoning, stir together 2 tablespoons each dried minced garlic, poppy seeds, and white sesame seeds, plus 1 tablespoon each caraway seeds and kosher salt.
Amount per Serving: calories: 298 total fat: 19g saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g unsaturated, FAT: 11g cholesterol: 54mg sodium: 482mg carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 18g
* Daily Percent Values of an adult person is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]About this grilled chicken pizza:
- For the crust, I bought a brand of locally-made frozen pizza dough. Feel free to make your dough, or buy a refrigerated version.
- If you’re not confident about your dough grilling skills, take an easy shortcut and use naan bread!
- I used a good brand of store-bought pizza sauce here. Again, feel free to make your own, but pre-made pizza sauce is a shortcut I’m comfortable with taking.
- For chicken, I pulled apart a cooked chicken breast that was leftover from a meal earlier in the week. Rotisserie chicken works great, too!
- In my opinion, nothing beats big slices of fresh mozzarella on a pizza. With a fresh, milky flavor and super creamy texture, Stella Organic Fresh Mozzarella Cheese is what I keep on hand for homemade pizza (if I don’t “snack” until it all disappears before I make the pizza).
- I roasted my garlic (instructions in recipe card) because it’s easy, cheap and makes the house smell delicious. If you’d rather buy roasted garlic from the olive bar at your store, hey – judgment-free zone.
- I had spinach on hand so I used that for some leafy freshness, but arugula or kale would be great as well.
- You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a pizza with everything bagel sprinkle.