CHILI LIME CHICKEN RECIPE
This chili lime chicken dish is an absolutely delicious, juicy and flavorful dish. With a pleasant nuance of the cilantro and garlic, it hits all the right notes: citrusy, aromatic.
It is an easy recipe that takes 30 mins! To make it perfection, Chili lime chicken – moist and delicious chicken marinated with chili and lime and grill.
While cooking, you need to be careful with the time. Your dish, its taste and color depend on it. Not too much time or not too less time is good for your dish. The perfect time for this dish is:
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
For cooking, the ingredient is the main part, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before your cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 2/2.5lbs skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 3teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 4tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2jalapeño, chopped finely
- 4cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon chili powder or to taste
Note: There are many possible sources where you can get your ingredients. You can go shopping or you can order them online. Doesn’t matter, only thing matter is you need to be careful and check everything properly,
- Once you have all your ingredients, your preparations. It includes washing, cutting, cleaning. You need to wash everything after that cut them, cut the chicken into pieces and cleaning them.
- Rinse the chicken thighs, remove the bones, leave the skin on, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Gets a big bowl, mixing all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Make sure the Marinade is well combined together.
- Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of oil on the surface. And the add a little bit of the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno from the Marinade on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides equally. Serve the dish immediately while it is still warm
When you are heaving something, it is wise to know about the dish properly. Especially it’s good side and bad side. You must know how nutritious this dish is for your health. The nutritious facts of this dish are given below:
- Amount Per serving (4 people)
- Calories 269Calories from Fat 882
Fat 98g151%, Saturated Fat 25g156%, Cholesterol 500mg167%, Sodium 1566mg68%, Potassium 1121mg32%, Carbohydrates 10g3%, Fiber 1g4%, Sugar 5g6%, Protein 83g166%, Vitamin A 665IU13%, Vitamin C 18.7mg23%, Calcium 50mg5%, Iron 3.6mg
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
If cooking is your comfort zone, I really encourage you to stop just pinning recipes on Pinterest but just try and actually make them! I assure you will love it. Use good and new ingredients and try something new. Never give up on something you love to do.
If you want you can make this chili lime chicken with a cast-iron grill pan or regular skillet, or bake in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400F and bake it for about 20-25 minutes or until the skin becomes brown and charred. You can also use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts.
How do I grill the perfect chicken breast?
Keep the chicken at medium heat covered for about 5-7 minutes, then flip it over. Grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until the thermometer reads 165°.
Is it healthy to eat grilled chicken?
Yes, chicken is high in protein and also low in calories. It is very useful in diets working to shed body fat.
Does this recipe have to be grilled?
No. If you want you can make it anytime with a cast-iron grill pan or regular skillet, or bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 400F. The end result is always amazing.
How many calories?
This recipe has 269 calories per serving.
What dishes to serve with this recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy BBQ party, you can serve any fish, beef, or rice dish with it. But if you made in-home and just for your family one rice dish with a salad can be your full meal at lunch or dinner time. If you have children at home this dish is perfect for you, your kids will love this dish.