Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Are you a food lover and love to cook? Today I am going to tell you about a healthy and tasty dish. It is Chicken Tortilla Soup. With testy and healthiness it is really easy to cook. And fast too. A flavorful chicken tortilla soup loaded with shredded chicken, corn, black beans and a few secrets that make it the best chicken tortilla soup I ever made!
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Cook: 30 Minutes
- Ready in: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup can be made in both the slow cooker and Instant Pot. You can go slow cooker if you want low and slow or Instant Pot if you want dinner in a hurry.
Slow Cooker – complete step 1-5 as written and then pour everything into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Instant Pot – cook the chicken for 6 minutes, then sauté the vegetables in the IP and blend in a blender. Pour everything back into the IP and cook on “manual” for 6 minutes with a quick release.
If you a new chef and trying to cook for the first time, this is for you. Before cooking you need to know about the uses of the appliance. Microwave Oven for cook the chicken, Roaster Pan for roasting the chicken, Knife for cutting and cleaning the chicken, Plate for serving, Bowl for mixing all ingredients and marinate, and grinder for mixing the spices.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 15 ounce Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and it is Drained
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles and it is drained
- 2 Ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, or 1/3 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and divided
- 1/2 Avocado
- 10 Tortilla Chips (We use Food Should Taste Good Multigrain chips from Costco as they have more flavor)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Corn
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- First of all heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once it is heated, add the onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper, then turn the heat down to medium-low. And allow the veggies to cook until tender for about 10 minutes.
- And then add the garlic powder and taco seasoning as well as the tomatoes, canned tomatoes and green chiles, stirring to combine and allowing cooking for up to 10 minutes.
- Place the veggies in a blender and the avocado and cheese, running the blender for a minute or until completely smooth.
- Add 1/2 the can of black beans, reserving the rest and the tortilla chips. Pulse a few times leaving chunks in the soup.
- Pour the mixture back in the pot and turn it to medium heat. Add the chicken, remaining black beans, corn, broth, water, and salt. Cook for 30 minutes turning it back to medium-low if it starts to boil.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve with fresh avocado, chips, and cheese!
How to cook the chicken?
Ok, before I get 100 emails about how we cook the chicken for this soup, let me explain now. I just put a little olive oil on the chicken and some salt and paper and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Then I shred it and add it to the soup. You could also just grab a rotisserie chicken and use that too. Did you know you can buy a rotisserie chicken at Costco that has already been cleaned off the bones? Game changer right there!
Note: When your Chicken Tortilla Soup is cooked and out of the oven, you need to decorate it to look attractive and tastier. There are no rules or regulation for decorations. You can decorate it with your own choice, the way you like it or want to serve. But cumber, carrot, tomato and lettuce are some main ingredients for decoration. Put the chicken on a large plate, decorate it and serve it.
Servings per Recipe:
Total Fat: 19.1g29 %, Saturated Fat: 7.0g, Cholesterol: 46mg15 %, Sodium: 943mg38 %, Potassium: 704mg20 %, Total Carbohydrates: 30.9g10 %, Dietary Fiber: 8.7g35 %,
Protein: 23.1g46 %, Sugars: 3g, Vitamin A: 1468IU, Vitamin C: 26mg, Calcium: 300mg, Iron: 4mg, Thiamin: 0mg, Niacin: 9mg, Vitamin B6: 0mg, Magnesium: 68mg, Folate: 61mcg
* Daily Percent Values of an adult person is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on the calorie your needs. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
I am all about a chunk of bread when I’m eating chicken tortilla soup! You could do something healthier like a fruit salad, but I’m all about the carbs! I need bread to dip! Here are a few of our favorites:
Best Potato Rolls
Easy No Knead Artisan Bread
1 Hour Rolls