CHICKEN TAMALE CASSEROLE RECIPE
Need a quick, easy, no-fuss meal your family will adore? Here it is! This chicken tamale casserole dish is one of my favorites dishes for weeknight meals which features all the classic flavors of the authentic tamale in it without all the work.
This Chicken Tamale Casserole dish in a Skillet made from scratch! With shredded chicken, enchilada sauce and loads of cheese Delicious cornbread crust topped, yet only 324 calories per serving! Tamale casserole – none of the work involved with making tamales but you still get that amazing flavor!
To cook a perfect dish time plays an important role. You need to be careful with the time. Not too much time or too little time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving: 8, this dish has 8 serving which means it is enough for 8 adult people. If you are having a guest in your home cook this dish without worry.
Ingredients are the main part of any dish. The dish’s test mainly depends on how fresh the ingredients are. So while choosing the ingredients for your dish you need to take special care.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 5 oz diced green chiles1 can
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded white or dark meat.
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded.
- 1 cup Tex Mex cheddar cheese shredded.
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce.
- green onions
- pomegranate seeds
- sour cream
- Once you have all your ingredients, your preparations. It includes washing, cutting, cleaning. You need to wash everything after that cut them, cut the chicken into pieces and cleaning them.
- Start with preheating your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Add the cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder to a medium-size bowl and whisk together. And then add the egg, butter, and buttermilk and whisk well. Stir in the creamed corn and the green chills. Pour the cornbread mixture into a 12-inch skillet or a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. To make sure the cornbread is done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cornbread and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- When the cornbread is done, poke holes into it with a fork, or I used the end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix half of the enchilada sauce with the shredded chicken. Pour the other half of the enchilada sauce over the top of the cornbread. Top with shredded chicken and all the cheese.
- Bake the casserole for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and has started to brown on top.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then top the casserole with any of the optional toppings listed before serving.
RECIPE NOTES: Nutritional information does not include any of the optional toppings. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
We eat food because we need energy and vitamin for our bodies. This energy and vitamins we get from the food and drinks we have. But too much of it can cause extra fat which is not good for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
Amount of Per Serving: Calories: 324kcal (16%)Carbohydrates: 21g (7%)Protein: 19g (38%)Fat: 19g (29%)Saturated, Fat: 10g (63%)Cholesterol: 90mg (30%)Sodium: 756mg (33%)Potassium: 383mg (11%)Fiber: 2g (8%)Sugar: 8g (9%)Vitamin A: 767IU (15%)Vitamin C: 4mg (5%)Calcium: 298mg (30%)Iron: 2mg (11%)
* Daily Percent Values of an adult person is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
This recipe would also be delicious using cooked pulled pork instead of the shredded chicken. And, if you’re using pulled pork, you could also switch out the green enchilada sauce for the red enchilada sauce to create a completely different flavor profile. I love having options, don’t you?
Easy Recipe Tips for Cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole:
When you mix up your batter in your favorite batter bowl, don’t worry if it’s a little lumpy….leave those suckers right in there and don’t give them another thought. I like a good stainless steel balloon whisk for this job, but take care not to overwork the batter to remove the lumps; that can cause the corn muffin base in this recipe to become tough and chewy….never a good thing!