Are you a new chef and looking something new to try for, you are in the right place. This Chicken Jalfrezi is a Pakistani recipe that is a spicy curry. It is one of my favorite dishes and I like it very much. You must try this dish. This dish can be served with basmati rice, chapattis or naan bread. It is perfect for lunch or dinner. Chicken Jalfrezi is a tasty and healthy dish. It has lots of healthy ingredients. It contains calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, vitamin, iron, and sugar. So don’t think too much about it, try this dish today.
Table of Contents
To cook this dish you have to be careful with the time. Too much time or too less time will not be good for it. But with the required time can be a few minutes more or less. The perfect time of this dish are given below:
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 min.
- Prep: 20 minutes.
- Cook: 55 minutes.
- Ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes.
It is 6 serving that means this dish is enough for 6 adult persons. You can serve it to 6 people at a time or 3 people twice. This dish can be served breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Note: If you a new chef and trying to cook for the first time, this is for you. Before cooking you need to know about the uses of the kitchen appliances. Fryer pan for cook the chicken, Grinder for spice power (but if you want you can buy spice powder from the shop), Knife for cutting and cleaning the chicken and other ingredients, Plate for serving, Bowl for mixing all ingredients and marinate.
For a dish, ingredients are the main subjects to any dishes. The taste of the dish depends on how fresh the ingredients are. So you need to choose fresh and pure ingredients for your dish not rotten and polluted. When you are buying your chicken careful that it is fresh and pure, not only chicken but also all other ingredients like salt, black paper, onion, coriander should be pure too. The ingredients of Chicken Jalfrezi are given below;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 onion, grated.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half.
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can peeled and diced tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter).
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander.
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root.
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves.
Note: To buy these ingredients you need to go to supper-shop or you can order them online too. Now there is much online shopping website where you will get everything you wants. Just make the order and they will be on your doorsteps in minutes.
- When you are cooking you need to be sure that you have all the ingredients. Once you have everything you need, go to the next step and prepare for your cooking, start with cleaning everything, your appliance and ingredients. Once everything is cleaned cut them into the way you want (every recipe has their cutting instructions follow it).
- After preparations, it is time to go to the main cooking. Start with heating the oil. In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Then add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. And then, add the chicken and season with turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Once it is done, fry the whole things gently, then scraping the bottom of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.
- After that, in them pour the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes more. Then, uncover and simmer for another 10 minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate totally.
- Once the liquid is evaporated totally, add the ghee, cumin, ground coriander, ginger, and cilantro. And simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Your dish is ready to serve. Serve the chicken pieces with sauce spooned over the top of the dish. Don’t forget to decorate the dish before serve.
Note: You can decorate the way you want. Decoration made it more attractive and looks tasty. It is especially for the kids. Kids don’t want to eat. And if you decorate the dish thy will love it and eat happily.
This Chicken Jalfrezi is also a healthy and nutritious dish. When we choose foods for our-self we would like to choose the nutritious once. They are good for our body, mind, and health. The nutrition facts of this dish are:
Servings per Recipe
Per Serving: 265 calories; 16.9 g fat; 6.7 g carbohydrates; 20.4 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 755 mg sodium.
Daily Vale of the dish
#Calories: 265 #Total Fat: 16.9g26 % #Saturated Fat: 5.0g #Cholesterol: 79mg26 % #Sodium: 755mg30 % #Potassium: 337mg9 % #Total Carbohydrates: 6.7g2 % #Dietary Fiber: 2.1g8 % #Protein: 20.4g41 % #Sugars: 3g #Vitamin A: 1141IU #Vitamin C: 8mg #Calcium: 60mg #Iron: 4mg #Thiamin: 0mg #Niacin: 8mg #Vitamin B6: 0mg #Magnesium: 27mg #Folate: 12mcg.
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see a doctor and made a list of it.
Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit physically and mentally. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it. Everyone can have it without them. But your doctors allow then you can have it too.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.