It is a very flavorful chicken and asparagus dish with almost a hollandaise-inspired flavour with a little crunch from the Panko breadcrumbs. It is very quick and easy to prepare, and the presentation is simple yet elegant. Great served with artichokes!
The amount of healthy nutrition of this dish is; Saturated, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Sugar, Protein, Vitamin A Iu, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium.
While cooking, you need to be careful with the time. Your dish, its taste and colour depend on it. Not too much time or not too less time is good for your dish. The perfect time for this dish is:
Prep: 25 min.
Cook: 30 min.
Ready In: 55 m.
Total Time: 55 min.
Servings: 4 servings.
For cooking, the ingredient is the main part, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before your cooking, choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh, your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
Note: There are many possible sources where you can get your ingredients. You can go shopping, or you can order them online. Doesn’t matter, only thing matter is you need to be careful and check everything properly.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Three tablespoons Dijon mustard
- One lemon, juiced and zested.
- Two teaspoons dried tarragon
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Four skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Once you have all your ingredients, your preparations, it includes washing, cutting, cleaning. It would be best if you washed everything after that cut them, cut the chicken into pieces and cleaning them.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish. Then in a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt, and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Then Set the asparagus spears aside and place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. After that, firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place one slice of provolone on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with four asparagus spears per breast. Then roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy package, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. After that, with a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating.
- And then bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned, and the chicken juices run clear about 25 minutes.
Note: When your dish is cooked and out of the oven, you need to decorate it to look attractive and tastier. There are no rules or regulation for decorations. You can decorate it with your own choice, the way you like it or want to serve. But cumber, carrot, tomato and lettuce are some main ingredients for decoration. Put the chicken on a large plate, decorate it and serve it.
When you are heaving something, it is wise to know about the dish properly. Especially it’s the good side and bad side. You must know how nutritious this dish is for your health. The nutritional facts of this dish are given below:
Five hundred thirty calories; 33.3 g fat; 28.8 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 1170 mg sodium.
Total Fat: 33.3g51 %, Saturated Fat: 9.2g, Cholesterol: 97mg32 %, Sodium: 1170mg47 %, Potassium: 447mg13 %, Carbohydrates: 28.8g9 %, Fiber: 2.8g11 %, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 36.8g74 %, Vitamin A Iu: 870IU, Niacin Equivalents: 18mg, Vitamin B6: 1mg, Vitamin C: 25mg, Folate: 43mcg, Calcium: 273mg, Iron: 3mg, Magnesium: 44mg, Thiamin: 0mg
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you need. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on a diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
If cooking is your comfort zone, I encourage you to stop just pinning recipes on Pinterest but try and make them! I assure you will love it. Use good and new ingredients and try something new. Never give up on something you love to do.