“This Chicken and Lentils recipe is a different kind of recipe that all the family loves and is requested by all from the smallest to the adults. Don’t scare off the ‘lentil’ ingredient. It is absolutely delicious and very nutritious with lots of healthy fats. It is the dish most often requested in our home. The recipe directions of this dish look complicated, but are very simple.” This dish is filled with lots of healthy nutrition facts. They are calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, vitamin, iron, and sugar. So don’t think too much about it, try this dish today.
Table of Contents
To cook a perfect dish, time plays an important role in it. You need to be careful with the time. Not too much time or too less time will be good for the dish. But few minutes up and dawn will not affect that much I think. The perfect time for this dish is given below try to maintain it.
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
This dish is enough for 6 adult people. And it is 6 servings. This dish is perfect for a big lunch or dinner.
Note: If you a new chef and trying to cook for the first time, this is for you. Before cooking you need to know about the uses of the kitchen appliances. Fryer pan for cook the chicken, Grinder for spice power (but if you want you can buy spice powder from the shop), Knife for cutting and cleaning the chicken and other ingredients, Plate for serving, Bowl for mixing all ingredients and marinate.
The ingredient is the main part for cooking, without which cooking is impossible or if even any ingredient goes wrong your full dish will be ruined. So before cooking choose all ingredients carefully. Your ingredient should be fresh and pure. If your ingredient is not fresh your dish taste will not the way you want. So be careful with the ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- ¾ cup dried lentils.
- 1 (14 ounces) can chicken broth.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 (10 ounces) can tomato sauce.
- ½ teaspoon dried basil.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Note: There are many possible sources from where you can get these ingredients easily. The taste of the dish depends on how fresh the ingredients are. So you need to choose fresh and pure ingredients for your dish not rotten and polluted. When you are buying your chicken careful with that it is fresh and pure. You can buy it from the shop or you can order them online. There are many online shops available now. Just place your order and your item with being on your doorstep in minutes. Don’t forget to check them.
- If you have all the ingredients you need to cook your dish, go to the next step and start with preparations. Wash everything properly, and then cut them into pieces. Keep them in a bowl.
- Once you are done with preparation, go to the next step and start cooking. The first start with heating the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken pieces 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- When it is done, Place onion in the skillet and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Then mix in the carrot and garlic. Stir in the lentils and broth and then season with salt and then bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat of the stove low and simmer, this will take about 20 minutes.
- Then return chicken to skillet, cover and continue cooking 20 minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little water into the dish to just moisten.
- Stir tomato sauce into the skillet and season with rosemary and basil. Then continue cooking 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Then stir in lemon juice and dish is ready. Serve the dish while warm. Decorate the dish before serve.
We eat food because we need energy, vitamin, and minerals for our body. This energy and vitamins we get from the food and drinks we have. But too much of it can cause extra fat which is not good for our body. So healthy food must have good nutrition facts in it. Foods without nutrition are useless and no one wants to have it. The nutrition of this dish is given below:
Servings per Recipe: 308 calories; 13.5 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 27.8 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 816 mg sodium.
Daily Value Of The Dish
Calories: 308 #Total Fat: 13.5g21 % #Saturated Fat: 3.0g #Cholesterol: 68mg23 % #Sodium: 816mg33 % #Potassium: 593mg17 % #Total Carbohydrates: 18.7g6 % #Dietary Fiber: 6.2g25 % #Protein: 27.8g56 % #Sugars: 5g #Vitamin A: 1699IU #Vitamin C: 8mg #Calcium: 43mg #Iron: 4mg #Thiamin: 0mg #Niacin: 11mg #Vitamin B6: 0mg #Magnesium: 50mg #Folate: 125mcg
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit physically and mentally. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it. Everyone can have it without them. But your doctors allow them then you can have it too.