Breakfast is the most important meal of the entire day. Without heaving proper breakfast, your all day will be dull and energy-less. But with lots of energy, this dish can also be the most delicious. Try this recipe for cherry-almond baked oatmeal. Doesn’t matter when you prepare it, we guarantee this delicious dish will earn a spot on your regular breakfast rotation.
1. Prep Time: 30 Minutes.
2. Cook Time: 30 Minutes.
3. Total Time: 1 Hr.
616 calories – 29g fat – 77g carbs – 16g protein – 45g sugars
- 4 servings.
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats.
- ⅓ cups dark brown sugar.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 cup chopped almonds.
- 1 cup dried cherries.
- 1¼ cups milk.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces.
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch square casserole dish (or an 8-inch-long oval casserole dish) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats with the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and cherries. Then make a well in the center.
- After that, pour the milk, egg, and vanilla into the center and then mix to combine. Then pour the whole thing into the prepared casserole dish and dot the surface with the butter (The oatmeal can be made through this step and held in the refrigerator overnight).
- Bake until the oatmeal has absorbed all the liquid and the top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Your dish is ready to serve, Serve warm.