“There are certain dishes have a special place in my heart and this John’s Chicken Marsala is one of them. This chicken Marsala dish was the most popular dish on the menu of my list and the first one that I learn.”
It is a tasty and healthy dish. If you bored with regular chicken dishes and want to try something different this dish is perfect for you. It has lots of healthy ingredients like mushrooms, parsley, etc. They are really important for our body. The nutrition of this contains are calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium. So why are you waiting for? Try this dish today and see for yourself.
- Total time: 1 hour
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Ready in: 1 Hour
This dish is small. It is for 2 persons that mean it is 2 serving. If you are a single-family try it today.
Appliance: Fryer Pan, Knife, Plate, An instant-read thermometer, Spoon.
Fryer Pan for cooking, Knife for cutting and cleaning, An instant-read thermometer for checking the temperature, Spoon for measurement of spice and eat.
Be careful when you are buying the ingredients. It should be fresh and pure. Your dish’s taste mainly depends on them. I suggest you should collect them by yourself.
- 2 skin-on, boneless chicken breast halves.
- 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 shallot, minced.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup Marsala wine.
- 2 cups chicken stock.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
- 1 teaspoon cold butter.
Note: There are many ways from where you can collect your ingredients. You can buy them from super-shop, you can order them from an online shop or you can grow them on your own. Best way to grow them but you can buy them too. They should be fresh.
- Once you collected all the ingredients, Start with the preparation for your dish. Frist wash everything properly. After cleaning cut them into correct size you want them. And remove if there any waste left. Then go to appliance and check them.
- If all of your appliances are ready, go to next step and start with seasoning chicken breasts all over with salt and pepper. Do it carefully and everywhere.
- If your seasoning is done go to next step, in a skillet over medium heat melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and olive oil. Then cook chicken breasts, skin-side down, in hot butter and oil until browned, do this process about 5 minutes. Then flip and cook until breasts are almost cooked through, about 5 minutes more and transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
- And again melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. After that saute mushrooms with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in hot butter until mushrooms are golden, this will take 5 to 7 minutes. Then add minced shallot into it, cook and stir until softened, this will be 2 to 3 minutes. Then sprinkle flour over the top and cook and stir until the bitterness of the flour cooks off, do this about 3 to 4 minutes.
- When it is done, pour wine into fryer pan and bring to a boil; cook and stir until wine reduces and sauce thickens, this will be 3 to 4 minutes. Then add chicken stock; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- After that, return chicken breasts to the skillet you have on the plate, reduce heat to low, and cook chicken, turning once, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, cook this about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) and then remove it from heat.
- Then move chicken to one side of the fryer pan and tilt the skillet so that the sauce pools at the bottom. Stir parsley and 1 teaspoon cold butter into the sauce, stirring constantly, until sauce is shiny and butter is completely melted and once it is done, transfer chicken breasts to plates and spoon mushrooms and sauce over the top of the dish. And your dish is ready to serve. With little decoration serve the dish warmly.
Note: If you want you decorate the dish you can although there no need to do much on this dish. Cut some vegetable and decorate it the way you want.
When we choose foods for our-self we would like to choose the nutritious once. They are good for our body, mind, and health. John’s Chicken Marsala is also a healthy and nutritious dish. The nutrition facts of this dish are:
Per Serving: 799 calories# 39 g fat# 26.8 g carbohydrates# 51.1 g protein# 185 mg cholesterol# 2391 mg sodium.
#Calories: 799 #Total Fat: 39g60 % #Saturated Fat: 16.0g #Cholesterol: 185mg62 % #Sodium: 2391mg96 % #Potassium: 760mg21 % #Total Carbohydrates: 26.8g9 % #Dietary Fiber: 0.9g3 % #Protein: 51.1g102 % #Sugars: 12g #Vitamin A: 1240IU #Vitamin C: 8mg #Calcium: 55mg #Iron: 3mg #Thiamin: 0mg #Niacin: 33mg #Vitamin B6: 1mg #Magnesium: 68mg #Folate: 35mcg.
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.