Bourbon Chicken is easy to cook and delicious! In this dish, Tender juicy chicken is cooked in a rich bourbon ginger sauce for a delicious meal. The whole family will love. You can serve it over rice, with a side of steamed broccoli, or inside some dinner rolls for a delicious bourbon chicken sandwich!
This bourbon chicken recipe takes all the work out of making dinner, making it perfect for busy weeknights. We love coming home to fall-apart, flavorful and tender chicken. It’s great just about any way you serve it!
Yield: 8 Servings. If you have a family get together or ay a small party cook this dish without thinking. It is enough for 8 persons. But if there are children it can eat more than that.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes.
- Total Time: 40 minutes.
- Course: Main Course.
- Cuisine: American.
Bow if for mixing the chicken with spice, Non-Sticky Fryer pan is for cooking the chicken, Knife is for cut and cleaning the chicken and other ingredients and Plat is to serve the dish.
Be careful when you are buying the ingredients. It should be fresh and pure. Your dish’s taste mainly depends on them. I suggest you should collect them by yourself.
- 5-6 skinless boneless chicken breasts – about 3 pounds.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch divided.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil.
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1/2 cup apple juice.
- 1/4 cup bourbon.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 2/3 cup lite soy sauce lower sodium.
- 1/3 cup ketchup.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Note: There are many ways from where you can collect your ingredients. You can buy them from super-shop, you can order them from an online shop or you can grow them on your own. Best way to grow them but you can buy them too. They should be fresh.
- Once you collected all the ingredients, Start with the preparation for your dish. Frist wash everything properly. After cleaning cut them into the correct size you want them. And remove if there any waste left. Then go to the appliance and check them.
- After that, Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and in a large bowl tosses it with 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Then Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil into your nonstick skillet on medium high heat and let it heat until adding the first piece of chicken sizzles.
- Add half the chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Turn the chicken pieces and cook and additional three minutes.
- When it is done, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Use the remaining oil to cook the second half of the chicken the same way.
- And then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 20 secondsuntil you can just smell it.
- Add in the water, apple juice, bourbon, chicken broth, lite soy sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- After that bring it to a boil then add back in the chicken.
- Cook for 10-15 minutesor until the sauce is reduced by about half.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch to a small glass with a tablespoon of water and stir.
- Add into the pan and stir.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately while the dish is still warm.
Note: If you want you to decorate the dish you can, although there no need to do much on this dish. Cut some vegetable and decorate it the way you want. There is no rule for that you can decorate your dish the way you like.
When we choose foods for our-self we would like to choose the nutritious once. They are good for our body, mind, and health. This Bourbon Chicken is also a healthy and nutritious dish. The nutrition facts of this dish are:
Amount per serving:
208 calories, Calories: 208g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 1437mg, Potassium: 272mg, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 2.1g, Vitamin C: 2.2g, Calcium: 1.3g, Iron: 6.2g.
* An adult healthy person’s Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. But it can be may be higher or lower depending on the calorie you needs. Everyone doesn’t need the same calories. To know your calorie, see the doctor and made a list of it.
**Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And remember, if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Note: Foods are for our health so that we can be healthy and fit. But if you are sick, or on any special meditation or on diet and taking doctor’s recommended foods only, please check your list or consult with your doctor before heaving it.
Tips For Making Bourbon Chicken
- For this recipe, Chicken breast will work if you would like to cut down on the fat content. The first time I shared this recipe with you guys, I had it done with chicken breast. I think chicken thighs work way better here because they are juicier, while it was still delicious.
- If you don’t have bourbon Whiskey, brandy, or scotch would work. The alcohol evaporates completely during the cooking process, so it’s completely safe for children.
- Try cranberry juice or even some chicken broth instead if you don’t want to use red wine.
How To Serve Bourbon Chicken:
I served this Bourbon Chicken over rice and I think some veggies like green beans, corn or peas, broccoli, even asparagus would go nicely as a side to this.